- Course materials and software
- Before we begin...
- Real-world problem solving with geospatial datasets
- What kind of problems could you solve with geographical information in your work or sector?
- Principles on geographic information
- How-to: Let's take a closer view of geographical information data
- Geographic information types
- Vectors and rasters - drag and drop exercise
- Test: What is geographic information?
- Rivers on a map!
- Load and preview an elevation model from Mexico
- Basemaps with their layered map information
- Raw data behind the maps
- Projections and coordinate systems
- Most familiar coordinate systems
- Understand coordinate reference system via comics
- Read more: Map projections
- Datasets - what data are the spatial data formats?
- Most common vector file formats
- "The Excel-data attached to geographic information"
- Exercise: "Coordinates with a spreadsheet"
- Geographical information analysis
- Exercise: Map your favorite place!
- Open data services
- Open source
- What did we actually learn?
- Read more: Applications utilizing maps and geographical information